I'm back and Scarves in June

Like Arnold driving a car into the police station... I'm back.

I feel that I need to start this post with an apology to anyone who checked the blog anytime in June hoping for something to read. I had one pound me in the ass week at work which sort of derailed all my writing momentum, so I decided to take a bit of time to regroup. Anyways I finally picked up a new computer set up which should help me with some of the more ambitious multimedia stuff I hope to get going.

The thing that I want to actually post about today may fall on deaf ears due to the fact that times have changed pretty significantly in the last few years so this isn't nearly as funny as it was when it came out. Anyways if you go HERE and listen to the one song this band posted I think you will really enjoy it. If you were unaware of the huge uprising of dance rock music that had overtaken the world a few short years ago you might no find this funny at all, so come back in a few days and maybe something else I write will be more in tune with todays youth.

Now if you take a look at the myspace page for the band you'll see it's from 2005 which was right in the peak of the dance rock era. Now for those unawares the soup de jour back then consisted of shaggy/unkempt hair, a solid sport coat and scarf combination, and either cords or jeans that were a touch on the tight side. Dance Rock was at the time the music of choice with the Arctic Monkeys being a prime example of how big dance rock was at the time.

For those of you who are now used to going to the bar and seeing a bunch of guys with rockstar tattoos and sunglasses on that are all rubbing dicks, you may look back fondly on the dance rock days just as I do. For those who missed out on the dance rock days thats too bad because it was fucking awesome. The overused super splashy hihats now sound like music from the god's compared to the fruity loops mashups made by guys french guys with shitty mustaches and deep v's.

The other obvious plus of the dance rock era is no one looked like this asshat.

Comments

Popular Posts